To fully understand where I'm coming from in my opinions, you have to realize where I've been. Like many a San Diego girl, I'm a party princess. What I've learned from stepping out of the SD bubble is that there is simply too much money floating around in a city with too few cares.

The summer after high school my priority was partying as much as possible before going away to college. I clubbed without being 21, had Grey Goose bottles at my disposal, and played with boys 10 years my senior. It didn't seem out of the ordinary, it was what all my girls did. For four months our routine consisted of sleeping til 11, heading to the beach, finding a party for the night, and finding our way sloppily home...or at least somebody's home.

Four years and countless college parties later, I've learned my limits, responsibilities, obligations, and some real priorities. While I enjoy a night out as much as the next person, I am far from the 18-year-old mess I once flaunted.

After returning home this summer, I've realized that some San Diego girls don't have so much luck. You know the ones I'm talking about, you've heard all about them. The fallen party girls who have nothing left but DUI's and the keys to their parents houses. The kids who don't go to school, don't work, and don't have a care in the world while soaking up the sun, as well as their parents resources. They look, dress, and act exactly the same, with each member of the group being completely interchangable. And it's times like this, I THANK GOD I went away to school.

I beg of you, youth of San Diego, to burst the bubble; at least for a year. I know...who would want to escape the monotony of deciding whether to party Downtown or PB, to drive your dad's bro truck or your mom's beemer, or to get wasted at the desert or the river? It sounds like a tough life...but trust me, you'll be better for it. I AM.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...