Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in | Posted on 4:21 PM
The weekend of June 26th and 27th saw thousands flock to the University of Southern California's Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in one of the largest display of PLUR (and drug overdoses) imaginable for Insomniac Event's Electric Daisy Carnival. I have purposely put off writing about this event to fully analyze and reflect on my weekend spent amongst the kandi kids and self-proclaimed "e-tards," and what I've discorvered was beyond the motherload of all parties.
I expected the awe to wear off after about a month, yet here I sit, passionate as ever, anytime someone brings up the weekend. Never did I expect to be among the sea of faces, filling the field of an entire stadium. Being packed against countless bodies allowed for a alot of time in your own head, and over the course of the weekend I learned things about myself, my family, and strangers for that matter, that I would have never been able to pin-point in my regular environment.
I can honestly say that I think everyone should experience "a party" at least once in their life. Open minds and open arms are a refreshing change to the streets of LA. The love is intoxicating, the beats unifying and the atmosphere addicitve. I would say that the feelings are fast fading over this long summer, but I'd just be lying. B. Chun, a million thanks.
I expected the awe to wear off after about a month, yet here I sit, passionate as ever, anytime someone brings up the weekend. Never did I expect to be among the sea of faces, filling the field of an entire stadium. Being packed against countless bodies allowed for a alot of time in your own head, and over the course of the weekend I learned things about myself, my family, and strangers for that matter, that I would have never been able to pin-point in my regular environment.
I can honestly say that I think everyone should experience "a party" at least once in their life. Open minds and open arms are a refreshing change to the streets of LA. The love is intoxicating, the beats unifying and the atmosphere addicitve. I would say that the feelings are fast fading over this long summer, but I'd just be lying. B. Chun, a million thanks.


Comments (0)
Post a Comment