Old Skool

Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in | Posted on 10:54 AM

Haven't been going out too much but when a recently-turned-21 LA friend came into town, I decided to show her two of SD's partying staples. Hugely different in their environments, I rarely find parallels bewtween DT and PB. Think about it, their crowds couldn't be more opposite.

What I came across during both nights out, however, were the venues' use of throwback videos. Now I'm not talking Biggie Smalls here people. I'm talking Iggy Pop, Michaek Franti, full fledged sing-a-longs. Never have I been so consumed by video screens. Wiskey Girl in DT and Tavern at the Beach in PB have the right idea leading the drunken masses in song to their favorite 70's 80's and 90's hits. Both nights were closed with more than your typical Journey hit. Refreshingly old skool. Step up.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...