Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in Personal | Posted on 1:15 PM
23 sure does feel a lot like 22. I'd love to say I have a refreshed outlook and optimistic mood for my new year, but I'm just riding the high of having 700 or so odd Facebook friends wish me the best for a day.
I am at 23, however, enjoying being 23. For me this means coming to terms with the fact that you don't have to begin a career the day after you graduate, and you don't even have to know how you'll eventually get that career. Knowing that you want one seems like a good start, and having a general idea of what you enjoy and would like to do, for now, seems positive too.
While I may not have a salary, or even work full time, enjoying what I do takes precedence over all else right now. I don't have a mortgage, spouse or kids to worry about, so until I have obligations to make others happy, I'll continue to put myself first.
And while I have always been ambitious and my own worst critic, I'm learning most importantly, that living, means relaxing a little.
I am at 23, however, enjoying being 23. For me this means coming to terms with the fact that you don't have to begin a career the day after you graduate, and you don't even have to know how you'll eventually get that career. Knowing that you want one seems like a good start, and having a general idea of what you enjoy and would like to do, for now, seems positive too.
While I may not have a salary, or even work full time, enjoying what I do takes precedence over all else right now. I don't have a mortgage, spouse or kids to worry about, so until I have obligations to make others happy, I'll continue to put myself first.
And while I have always been ambitious and my own worst critic, I'm learning most importantly, that living, means relaxing a little.


I like your encouraging words! At least you are already graduated at 23 (unlike myself!) So I think thats something else you could add to your list! And, I'm sure you will find your dream job...at least that's how life should be if it makes you wait so long to get one! Happy 23!!!