Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in Personal | Posted on 9:49 PM
It doesn't matter who you are, immediately, eventually,or brashly, if necessary, I will respond to your first text, 100% of the time. With that being said, I can't understand friends who follow these guidelines but NEVER initiate conversation.
Let's back up a few. I'm an avid texter; my phone is in my hand, in my bag, or by my side at ALL TIMES. (It's 2010 people, don't lie- if you're a part of my generation, I know yours is too.) Everyone I really know and care about, sans 5 people (my family + Rox), are North of the San Diego County line and I just don't get to see them as often as I like. So my substitute and constant form of contact, has always been primarily text.
Now what I CANNOT figure out for the life of me, are the people who, once initiated, will continue to respond per protocol, even for hours, but who NEVER text you first...the "friends" who are awfully nice to you when you do text them, but basically seem to forget about you if you don't.
You can't legitamately be that interested in my day, if you couldn't even think to text me first, right?
I've come to recognize it as a quality of the guy you're dating, or rather, NOT dating. But other than that, you got me. Are they simply following my rule of always texting back? If so, and they don't actually want to talk, why do they CONTINUE to respond? Do they think they're doing you a favor? Are they bored? And if so, why didn't they think to text you first, in their boredom? The world and I may never really know. But you'll often hear me refer to these people as "fake friends." And "fake friends," friends, are generally a waste of your texts.
Let's back up a few. I'm an avid texter; my phone is in my hand, in my bag, or by my side at ALL TIMES. (It's 2010 people, don't lie- if you're a part of my generation, I know yours is too.) Everyone I really know and care about, sans 5 people (my family + Rox), are North of the San Diego County line and I just don't get to see them as often as I like. So my substitute and constant form of contact, has always been primarily text.
Now what I CANNOT figure out for the life of me, are the people who, once initiated, will continue to respond per protocol, even for hours, but who NEVER text you first...the "friends" who are awfully nice to you when you do text them, but basically seem to forget about you if you don't.
You can't legitamately be that interested in my day, if you couldn't even think to text me first, right?
I've come to recognize it as a quality of the guy you're dating, or rather, NOT dating. But other than that, you got me. Are they simply following my rule of always texting back? If so, and they don't actually want to talk, why do they CONTINUE to respond? Do they think they're doing you a favor? Are they bored? And if so, why didn't they think to text you first, in their boredom? The world and I may never really know. But you'll often hear me refer to these people as "fake friends." And "fake friends," friends, are generally a waste of your texts.


Comments (0)
Post a Comment