Ke$ha--> Little Boots--> Uffie-->La Roux?

Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in | Posted on 6:34 PM

I never really realized there was drama surrounding Ke$ha's packaging. Her lyrics? Sure. Her attitude? Why not. But her style/singing/genre?! It honestly took Little Boots calling her out on stage @ Coachella for me to even make some what of a connection between the two, and for rumor mills sake, Uffie too.

I guess I recognize why the first two disco princesses feel threatened by Ke$ha, but I wouldn't go as far as calling her a biter, and believe me, there's nothing I hate more than copy cats. These first two ARE disco princesses, and that, Ke$ha is not. I mean, she gets air time on hip hop channels for crying out loud.

While her jams may have some disco pop and synthesized infused undertones, we are talking about three COMPLETELY different styled artists here. And though there are some parallels, shouldn't singers like Little Boots be happy that competition like Ke$ha is at least making a market for said shared style/genre here in the US anyways? Why aren't Little Boots and Uffie feuding? And for that matter, why isn't anyone going after La Roux?

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...