What are you standing for?

Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in | Posted on 11:45 AM

How about giving myself the year I deserve? Sorry for over-achieving, sorry for graduating on time, and sorry for working 2 jobs, an internship and a sorority while being a full-time student ;)

I have already done some amazing things this year, and I hope to do a lot more, all within a reasonable budget of course. I mean, if I really had it my way, I would have already gotten to visit Matt Maine in Dubai- but that's one that will have to wait.

A good majority of friends that I graduated with were actually in their fifth year, which gave me the sense that I arrived a year early. Now I probably could have got a meaningless full-time job if I REALLY wanted to, but truth be told, I don't YET. I burnt myself out over the last EIGHT years, and having the free time to go and do Utah, Vegas and Coachella for example, has been exactly what I need to light the new fire.

Don't worry Dad, I will work 40 hours a week. I will have a salary. I will have benefits. But these are the kind of things that will realign myself again, for another eight or so years of stellar success.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...