EDC Wrap Up

Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in , | Posted on 9:47 PM

So Rave kid Christmas has come and past, and I don't know if it's me growing up, ravers getting younger, or a little of both, but I'm sad to say I was a little disappointed. Did I have fun? Of course. Was it epic? Definitely. But something wasn't quite right, and I could tell from the get-go, this time was going to be different.

Did you notice they didn't search your bags? "Do you have a pacifier?" was all that I was asked. No, but I probably have illegal substances, that's ok right? I could have had a WEAPON in my adorably presh Hello Kitty backpack and NO ONE would have known. (*DISCLAIMER* I DID NOT HAVE A WEAPON.) But doesn't that seem a bit sketch right off the bat? Exactly.

Upon arrival the atmosphere appeared to be less happy-go-lucky and more i-want-to-get-on-that-fucking-field-and-will-do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-there. (READ: absolute chaos). We were on the coliseum floor by 5, in time for Afrojack, but by about 6:30/7 I was in full-blown PANIC ATTACK mode, due to crazy raver antics. I legitimately thought I might die in the middle of a rave riot. All I have to say is, THANK GOD FOR LIL JON.

Luckily for me, my night got better. Here's a few thanks to the people that made the clusterfuck that was EDC 2010 great...

Afrojack- I like you better when you don't talk :) but I fell in love with you over this song.

Laidback Luke- I LOVE that you sing along with us, and your set was exactly what EDC is all about, great music and good vibes... more about you later ;)


Ducksauce- The inflatable duck seriously made my night, and I was FRONT ROW CENTER  for this set, including the oh-so-fun Barbara Streisand


...And of course all the friends I DID and DIDN'T meet up with <3

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...