When to say when.

Posted by Melissa Carpenter | Posted in , | Posted on 6:51 PM

The amount of negative press surrounding this year's EDC has been overwhelming. Hell, I'll admit to adding fuel to the fire by my own complaints (which can be found HERE.) It's had most of us wondering where the rave scene will go next. It doesn't get much bigger than Exposition Park, people. And if there were 80,000 more in attendance this year, what the fuck is next year going to be like?

I've been suggesting a "leave of absence" from the massive scene for a few months now, pushing smaller shows that still provide the beloved festival vibe: Audiotisitic, for example. But now the Insomniac produced event has a 4-stage lineup, complete with one of the biggest names in Indie HipHop. While I love me some Cudi as much as the next girl, I don't love the idea of billions of kids piling out to San Bernadino to see him, when the rest of us just wanna see some Rusko.

And then there was HARD. I have wanted so badly over the past year for my faith to be restored. You remember right? (If not, you can read about it HERE.) You were willing to take a risk if you bought tickets to HARD HAUNTED MANSION, after that. And it paid off. When I suggested HARD to a friend just the other day, he laughed at me, I'll admit, but in the hopes of progress, I continued to defend the Destructo-backed brand. But here they are again, cancelling HARD LA. Ticket holders (who were pining to see MIA and N*E*R*D) now have access to HARD SUMMER August 7 (with Soulwax and Crystal Castles amongst the headliners), but doesn't that just mean even bigger crowds for LA State Historic Park?

Can we catch a break? On to the desert...

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...